FACET Project - now recruiting for 5 trainees
02 May 2021
The ARCH FACET project is now live ... and we are currently recruiting for 5 trainees to develop skills for facilitating community heritage projects, while participating in courses in Ardross and Kirkhill. We are looking for people who are passionate about local heritage, sensitive to working with people of diverse backgrounds, able to motivate others, and will commit the time needed. If our trainees are also working at other jobs, courses and contact hours will be arranged for evenings or weekends. A small stipend and travel expenses are available. Full details are available on the ARCH website Library in the ARCH Jobs folder. Closing date for applications is 15 June 2021.
The FACET project is unusual and wide-ranging, building on ARCH’s work and philosophy in the past and looking towards the future. There are three main strands:
1) We will recruit 5 trainees who will be mentored to organise and facilitate two community heritage courses, to be held in Ardross (August – December 2021) and Kirkhill (February – June 2022). As ARCH’s work has shown, facilitating successful community heritage projects requires different skills and approaches than traditional academic courses, actively involving participants with different skills and backgrounds.
2) The trainees will learn on the job, as ARCH rolls out the two Community-Timeline type courses in Ardross and Kirkhill. Each course will gather memories of local heritage, actively research the community and then present the findings in a community display, online and physical. Further details about the courses and how to participate will be included in later ARCH newsletter and website posts.
3) The importance of fundraising for projects will be covered in a two-day workshop, for trainees and others who are interested. This will cover how to shape a project, cost individual elements, how to apply for grants, and how to monitor once a project is up and running.
More information about the project can be found on the ARCH website in the FACET folder within the Library.
- 19/01/2022 Kirkhill Heritage starting 1st March
- 15/12/2021 Recruiting for Community Heritage Facilitators
- 04/07/2021 Learn how to make salt!
- 16/06/2021 FACET Project - Develop a new skill and get paid (a little) for it
- 02/05/2021 FACET Project - now recruiting for 5 trainees
- 05/11/2020 Highland Regional ScARF consultation documents and videos
- 02/11/2020 Donate to the ARCH FACET appeal and get free masks!
- 08/09/2020 A New ARCH Project - Can You Help?
- 03/05/2020 Things to do during lockdown
- 09/12/2019 Experimental Archaeology Learning Materials now available online